PARCC has released a five-step checklist that will help parents get their kids ready for testing. The checklist features links to a host of assessment-related resources from both PARCC and partners such as the National Parent Teacher Association, Learning Heroes, Raise the Bar, and Great Kids, that will provide both parents and teachers with information about when the assessments will be given in their child's district, what will be expected of them when they are testing, and much more.
Some Myths and Facts About Assessment and PARCC
A Guide to Parent and Educator Conversations about the PARCC Score Reports
Understanding the PARCC Scores – Resources for Parents
Guide to Finding and Using PARCC Test Questions
Parents Make a Difference!
PARCC Practice Tests Here
PARCC Testing 2016-2017
*Algebra I- Graduation Requirement: Pass; (State/Federal Requirement)
Algebra II- (State Requirement)
Geometry- (State Requirement)
ELA Grade 9 (State Requirement)
*ELA Grade 10- Graduation Requirement: Score 750 or above (State/Federal Requirement)
ELA Grade 11 (State Requirement)
If a student is permitted extra time or any other accommodations by their IEP/504, parent/guardians should contact the school counselor office for additional details on accommodations and accessibility options.
2016-2017 PARCC Test Dates
Regular (BTHS, HTHS, MAST): March 27 - May 19; Results Available June 2017
Fall Block (AAHS, ALPS, CHS, CLASS): November 28 - January 17; Results Available January 2017
Spring Block (AAHS, ALPS, CHS, CLASS): April 24 - June 5; Results Available September 2017
Testing will be scheduled throughout the school day. Contact the school for a specific schedule.
NJ Biology Competency Test (NJBCT)
Grade 9. (State/Federal Requirement)
May 31 - June 1, 2017
Make-up: June 7-8, 2017
Students will test in the AM
High School Portfolio Appeals
January 9 - May 12 (As necessary)
October 19 (AAHS, ALPS, BTHS, CHS, HTHS, MAST)
May 1 - 12.
Check with the school for a specific schedule.
Our School-Parent Compact:
- Working cooperatively with parents to provide for their participation in the successful education of their children agree to:
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment;
- Give student the help needed to meet the State’s performance standards;
- Describe and explain the curriculum and proficiencies;
- Provide for parent-teacher meetings;
- Provide reports on student progress.
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education
You can help your child succeed by:
- Providing a home that encourages learning and get your child the help he /she needs
- Providing a home that supports your child’s physical, mental, and emotional development
- Having positive values about education serves as an important perspective for your children
- Work with the school and other community groups that have an impact on your child
- Talk with your child about school, activities and friends. Be sure to listen to what they say
- Make sure your child attends school and gets there on time
- Set high but realistic expectations for success
- Keep your child healthy
- Communicate with the school about how your child learns and about other things that might affect learning or behavior at school
- Encourage your child to develop his/her interests and help him/her find opportunities to learn more about them
- Help your child to develop good relationships
- Keep your child safe and help him or her understand the consequences of behaviors.
Support for Families from the New Jersey Department of Education:
The NJ Department of Education has created a family-focused web site atwww.NJFamilies.com with resources to help you support your child's education, and navigate your school system. The NJDOE has also opened a "Help Desk" which can be reached through the parent menu option of their toll-free number: 877-900- 6960.
Electronic Communication Between Teaching Staff Members and Students Policy 3283 (PDF Format
MCVSD Parent Involvement Policy Letter to Parents (PDF Format
MCVSD Right to Know Letter to Parents 9/2015 (PDF Format
MCVSD LEP Statement (PDF Format
District Parent Involvement Policy (PDF Format
Parental Rights in Special Education 2016 (PRISE) (PDF Format)
Title I Entrance and Exit Criteria 9/2015 (PDF Format
School/Parent/Student Compact 9/2015 (PDF Format
Updated (November 2015) Graduation Requirements from the NJDOE for Classes of 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 (PDF Format